With the new year just a few days away, it seems very fitting to begin these weekly roundups of garden inspiration with a collection of organization ideas. Whether you’re making an official resolution to get more organized in the garden or simply looking for some ideas to maximize your gardening efforts, a little garden organization is a perfect way to kick off a new garden season. From organizing your seed stash, to keeping your work areas organized and functional, there are tons of great ideas, and now is a great time to look for some inspiration and discover what might work well for you.
I’ve pulled together a few ideas to get you started (you can find all of these and more on the Garden Organization Pinterest Board), but I’d also love to hear from you in the comments: How are you inspired by garden organization?
So what are you waiting for? Get a head start on your garden organization with a little inspiration from these ideas:
- Looking for a better way to keep your garden records organized? Get inspired to keep a garden journal! From blank journals for sketches and musings, to a ready to go garden management system, the possibilities are endless. I am completely inspired by the artistic flair of this beautiful garden journal.
- Getting ready to place your seed orders for 2014? Find some inspiration to organize your leftover seed first: inventory your seed stash and label and sort your seed packets. Over on the Facebook page, one reader shared that she will be cleaning up her seed stash by organizing a seed swap!
- Want to create an organized work space for your garden? Get inspired with this collection of potting bench ideas. For the outdoor spaces, check out how Northwest Edible Life and Our Little Acre have repurposed pallets and created organized and functional storage and work space.
- How do you keep all of your garden essentials together out in the garden? One reader shared her secret weapon: a 5 gallon bucket garden caddy. Most garden supply companies carry a version of this organizer, but DIY’ers might find some inspiration in this sewing pattern.
- Getting geared up to save seed from your garden this year? Get inspired by this creative re-use for seed storage.
Other posts in this series:
- These pages are dedicated to all things home gardening. From planning a garden to preserving the harvest, you'll find practical and creative ideas to satisfy your sense of garden adventure!
- tomatoes recipes peppers seed starting preservation seasons Photo of the Day Salsa Week Grow It Forward rhubarb raspberries garden planning 12 Weeks of Garden Inspiration garden projects photo post heirloom garden plans herbs broccoli lettuce yard projects seeds seed saving onions radishes recipe beans winter canning fall strawberries salsa varieties tomatillo spring seed garlic cucumber squash A Seed Starting Diary kale transplanting pumpkin dry beans frost planting community garden mint guest post scallions basil soil pollinators spinach Garden Planning 101 kohlrabi beets red romaine cucurbits Minnesota Locavore asparagus Garden Photography 101 garden harvest totals vertical gardening sunflowers beneficial insects corn Year in Review pickling gardening with kids winter sowing squirrels variegated tomato zucchini flowers Three Sisters seed starting containers organic gardening seedling care garden potting up cabbage seed starting mix coir fall garden indoor gardening horseradish jelly watermelon resources Holiday Gift Guide Good Garden Reads garden clean up Opalka garden pests house projects Black Hungarian giveaways onion apples carrots gourds mexican sour gherkin photography Seed Starting Q + A vacation blogging zinnia pumpkins rue parsnips ground cherries botanical gardens seedlings San Francisco rainbow chard ground cherry parsnip reader question lemon olive grapes shallots compost dividing rhubarb plant markers sage horseradish root patty pan squash jam Grow It Forwards brussels sprouts overwintering wildlife-friendly garden herb cayenne rosemary seasonal garden quote reader questions aster #garden365 photo challenge #garden365 garden photography preparing for winter harvest brassicas wrens tomato Measuring Up pruning organic pest control tomatillos jalapeno cantaloupe slugs seed starting timeline soil blocker garden organizataion garden inspiration San Marzano quinoa mulch litchi tomatoes watering amaranth tomato blight paste tomatoes Federle Red Romaine Lettuce social media garden beds snow birthday garden musings Big Mama Amish Paste Anna Russian Tomato litchi tomato peas mesclun organic mojito container gardening pests disease soil blocks peat Building Better Soil starter pots Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds oregano trellising rapsberries peanuts pepper Extending the Season seed packet John Denver love yellow pear printable