With the new year just a few days away, it seems very fitting to begin these weekly roundups of garden inspiration with a collection of organization ideas. Whether you’re making an official resolution to get more organized in the garden or simply looking for some ideas to maximize your gardening efforts, a little garden organization is a perfect way to kick off a new garden season. From organizing your seed stash, to keeping your work areas organized and functional, there are tons of great ideas, and now is a great time to look for some inspiration and discover what might work well for you.
I’ve pulled together a few ideas to get you started (you can find all of these and more on the Garden Organization Pinterest Board), but I’d also love to hear from you in the comments: How are you inspired by garden organization?
So what are you waiting for? Get a head start on your garden organization with a little inspiration from these ideas:
- Looking for a better way to keep your garden records organized? Get inspired to keep a garden journal! From blank journals for sketches and musings, to a ready to go garden management system, the possibilities are endless. I am completely inspired by the artistic flair of this beautiful garden journal.
- Getting ready to place your seed orders for 2014? Find some inspiration to organize your leftover seed first: inventory your seed stash and label and sort your seed packets. Over on the Facebook page, one reader shared that she will be cleaning up her seed stash by organizing a seed swap!
- Want to create an organized work space for your garden? Get inspired with this collection of potting bench ideas. For the outdoor spaces, check out how Northwest Edible Life and Our Little Acre have repurposed pallets and created organized and functional storage and work space.
- How do you keep all of your garden essentials together out in the garden? One reader shared her secret weapon: a 5 gallon bucket garden caddy. Most garden supply companies carry a version of this organizer, but DIY’ers might find some inspiration in this sewing pattern.
- Getting geared up to save seed from your garden this year? Get inspired by this creative re-use for seed storage.
Other posts in this series:
- These pages are dedicated to all things home gardening. From planning a garden to preserving the harvest, you'll find practical and creative ideas to satisfy your sense of garden adventure!
- tomatoes recipes seed starting peppers preservation seasons Grow It Forward 12 Weeks of Garden Inspiration rhubarb photo post garden projects raspberries heirloom garden plans garden planning yard projects broccoli lettuce Photo of the Day seeds herbs radishes Salsa Week strawberries beans onions tomatillo spring seed saving recipe seed fall canning community garden transplanting A Seed Starting Diary planting garlic cucumber winter varieties pumpkin scallions guest post dry beans basil squash Garden Planning 101 soil spinach kohlrabi kale red romaine beets Garden Photography 101 asparagus Minnesota Locavore frost garden harvest totals mint beneficial insects pickling vertical gardening pollinators Three Sisters zucchini squirrels garden variegated tomato flowers organic gardening gardening with kids indoor gardening potting up cabbage seed starting containers seed starting mix jelly house projects horseradish watermelon sunflowers Good Garden Reads resources fall garden Opalka garden pests Black Hungarian giveaways corn apples seedling care carrots Grow It Forwards brussels sprouts shallots jam compost vacation San Francisco seedlings reader question patty pan squash horseradish root peat coir Building Better Soil starter pots soil blocks soil blocker dividing rhubarb plant markers sage brassicas botanical gardens rainbow chard pruning wildlife-friendly garden wrens zinnia ground cherries slugs organic pest control gourds pumpkins tomato Measuring Up lemon olive grapes parsnip ground cherry parsnips cucurbits herb rue overwintering seed starting timeline disease San Marzano paste tomatoes Federle onion garden inspiration tomato blight mulch quinoa garden organizataion Big Mama Amish Paste Red Romaine Lettuce social media garden beds snow Holiday Gift Guide birthday garden clean up Anna Russian Tomato litchi tomato garden musings amaranth Year in Review John Denver love yellow pear printable oregano Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds pests organic mojito container gardening seed packet Extending the Season peas salsa litchi tomatoes watering mesclun pepper winter sowing trellising rapsberries peanuts