With the new year just a few days away, it seems very fitting to begin these weekly roundups of garden inspiration with a collection of organization ideas. Whether you’re making an official resolution to get more organized in the garden or simply looking for some ideas to maximize your gardening efforts, a little garden organization is a perfect way to kick off a new garden season. From organizing your seed stash, to keeping your work areas organized and functional, there are tons of great ideas, and now is a great time to look for some inspiration and discover what might work well for you.
I’ve pulled together a few ideas to get you started (you can find all of these and more on the Garden Organization Pinterest Board), but I’d also love to hear from you in the comments: How are you inspired by garden organization?
So what are you waiting for? Get a head start on your garden organization with a little inspiration from these ideas:
- Looking for a better way to keep your garden records organized? Get inspired to keep a garden journal! From blank journals for sketches and musings, to a ready to go garden management system, the possibilities are endless. I am completely inspired by the artistic flair of this beautiful garden journal.
- Getting ready to place your seed orders for 2014? Find some inspiration to organize your leftover seed first: inventory your seed stash and label and sort your seed packets. Over on the Facebook page, one reader shared that she will be cleaning up her seed stash by organizing a seed swap!
- Want to create an organized work space for your garden? Get inspired with this collection of potting bench ideas. For the outdoor spaces, check out how Northwest Edible Life and Our Little Acre have repurposed pallets and created organized and functional storage and work space.
- How do you keep all of your garden essentials together out in the garden? One reader shared her secret weapon: a 5 gallon bucket garden caddy. Most garden supply companies carry a version of this organizer, but DIY’ers might find some inspiration in this sewing pattern.
- Getting geared up to save seed from your garden this year? Get inspired by this creative re-use for seed storage.
Other posts in this series:
- These pages are dedicated to all things home gardening. From planning a garden to preserving the harvest, you'll find practical and creative ideas to satisfy your sense of garden adventure!
- tomatoes recipes seed starting peppers 12 Weeks of Garden Inspiration seasons garden planning preservation garden projects yard projects garden plans herbs seeds photo post onions seed broccoli radishes community garden spring rhubarb raspberries tomatillo winter Salsa Week varieties beans heirloom spinach seed saving Garden Planning 101 planting canning fall garlic soil asparagus mint dry beans lettuce vertical gardening beneficial insects basil seed starting containers gardening with kids variegated tomato flowers scallions seed starting mix transplanting seedling care potting up kale A Seed Starting Diary garden jelly horseradish indoor gardening watermelon pumpkin Good Garden Reads garden harvest totals pollinators fall garden house projects giveaways cucumber apples social media garden beds snow Red Romaine Lettuce Holiday Gift Guide yellow pear guest post love John Denver container gardening Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds oregano printable seed packet squirrels peanuts rapsberries trellising Extending the Season winter sowing Three Sisters mojito organic gardening cabbage soil blocker brassicas sage horseradish root dividing rhubarb plant markers soil blocks peat pests organic disease seed starting timeline coir Building Better Soil starter pots pepper kohlrabi Big Mama Amish Paste Federle Opalka corn San Marzano paste tomatoes garden clean up frost resources squash birthday garden musings Anna Russian Tomato sunflowers litchi tomato onion pickling litchi tomatoes garden pests salsa peas mesclun zucchini strawberries watering Year in Review garden inspiration Black Hungarian garden organizataion quinoa amaranth tomato blight mulch