With the new year just a few days away, it seems very fitting to begin these weekly roundups of garden inspiration with a collection of organization ideas. Whether you’re making an official resolution to get more organized in the garden or simply looking for some ideas to maximize your gardening efforts, a little garden organization is a perfect way to kick off a new garden season. From organizing your seed stash, to keeping your work areas organized and functional, there are tons of great ideas, and now is a great time to look for some inspiration and discover what might work well for you.
I’ve pulled together a few ideas to get you started (you can find all of these and more on the Garden Organization Pinterest Board), but I’d also love to hear from you in the comments: How are you inspired by garden organization?
So what are you waiting for? Get a head start on your garden organization with a little inspiration from these ideas:
- Looking for a better way to keep your garden records organized? Get inspired to keep a garden journal! From blank journals for sketches and musings, to a ready to go garden management system, the possibilities are endless. I am completely inspired by the artistic flair of this beautiful garden journal.
- Getting ready to place your seed orders for 2014? Find some inspiration to organize your leftover seed first: inventory your seed stash and label and sort your seed packets. Over on the Facebook page, one reader shared that she will be cleaning up her seed stash by organizing a seed swap!
- Want to create an organized work space for your garden? Get inspired with this collection of potting bench ideas. For the outdoor spaces, check out how Northwest Edible Life and Our Little Acre have repurposed pallets and created organized and functional storage and work space.
- How do you keep all of your garden essentials together out in the garden? One reader shared her secret weapon: a 5 gallon bucket garden caddy. Most garden supply companies carry a version of this organizer, but DIY’ers might find some inspiration in this sewing pattern.
- Getting geared up to save seed from your garden this year? Get inspired by this creative re-use for seed storage.
Other posts in this series:
- These pages are dedicated to all things home gardening. From planning a garden to preserving the harvest, you'll find practical and creative ideas to satisfy your sense of garden adventure!
- recipes tomatoes seed starting peppers preservation seasons Grow It Forward 12 Weeks of Garden Inspiration rhubarb photo post raspberries heirloom garden planning garden plans garden projects yard projects broccoli seeds herbs lettuce strawberries Photo of the Day radishes onions beans Salsa Week tomatillo spring seed canning community garden A Seed Starting Diary seed saving transplanting garlic varieties planting winter pumpkin fall basil recipe guest post scallions soil Garden Planning 101 cucumber spinach dry beans kale Minnesota Locavore beets kohlrabi Garden Photography 101 asparagus squash beneficial insects garden harvest totals mint vertical gardening variegated tomato zucchini Three Sisters garden flowers seed starting containers gardening with kids carrots indoor gardening seedling care potting up organic gardening seed starting mix Opalka house projects jelly horseradish watermelon Good Garden Reads resources frost fall garden garden pests pollinators Black Hungarian giveaways corn apples red romaine snow plant markers sage brassicas dividing rhubarb horseradish root Grow It Forwards brussels sprouts shallots patty pan squash cabbage soil blocker disease pests organic seed starting timeline starter pots soil blocks peat coir Building Better Soil jam compost herb rue overwintering cucurbits Measuring Up pruning wildlife-friendly garden wrens tomato parsnips ground cherry vacation San Francisco seedlings reader question botanical gardens rainbow chard lemon olive grapes parsnip mojito container gardening paste tomatoes Federle Big Mama San Marzano onion quinoa garden organizataion garden inspiration pickling Amish Paste garden clean up Red Romaine Lettuce social media garden beds Holiday Gift Guide birthday Anna Russian Tomato sunflowers litchi tomato garden musings mulch tomato blight seed packet Extending the Season winter sowing printable yellow pear Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds oregano John Denver love trellising rapsberries litchi tomatoes watering Year in Review amaranth salsa peas squirrels peanuts pepper mesclun