With the new year just a few days away, it seems very fitting to begin these weekly roundups of garden inspiration with a collection of organization ideas. Whether you’re making an official resolution to get more organized in the garden or simply looking for some ideas to maximize your gardening efforts, a little garden organization is a perfect way to kick off a new garden season. From organizing your seed stash, to keeping your work areas organized and functional, there are tons of great ideas, and now is a great time to look for some inspiration and discover what might work well for you.
I’ve pulled together a few ideas to get you started (you can find all of these and more on the Garden Organization Pinterest Board), but I’d also love to hear from you in the comments: How are you inspired by garden organization?
So what are you waiting for? Get a head start on your garden organization with a little inspiration from these ideas:
- Looking for a better way to keep your garden records organized? Get inspired to keep a garden journal! From blank journals for sketches and musings, to a ready to go garden management system, the possibilities are endless. I am completely inspired by the artistic flair of this beautiful garden journal.
- Getting ready to place your seed orders for 2014? Find some inspiration to organize your leftover seed first: inventory your seed stash and label and sort your seed packets. Over on the Facebook page, one reader shared that she will be cleaning up her seed stash by organizing a seed swap!
- Want to create an organized work space for your garden? Get inspired with this collection of potting bench ideas. For the outdoor spaces, check out how Northwest Edible Life and Our Little Acre have repurposed pallets and created organized and functional storage and work space.
- How do you keep all of your garden essentials together out in the garden? One reader shared her secret weapon: a 5 gallon bucket garden caddy. Most garden supply companies carry a version of this organizer, but DIY’ers might find some inspiration in this sewing pattern.
- Getting geared up to save seed from your garden this year? Get inspired by this creative re-use for seed storage.
Other posts in this series:
- These pages are dedicated to all things home gardening. From planning a garden to preserving the harvest, you'll find practical and creative ideas to satisfy your sense of garden adventure!
SUBSCRIBE VIA E-MAIL:
- tomatoes recipes peppers seed starting preservation Photo of the Day seasons Salsa Week rhubarb photo post garden planning Grow It Forward 12 Weeks of Garden Inspiration raspberries herbs garden projects garden plans heirloom lettuce broccoli yard projects onions seeds seed saving recipe radishes beans fall canning winter strawberries spring salsa varieties tomatillo seed garlic squash cucumber transplanting A Seed Starting Diary kale dry beans frost pollinators pumpkin planting community garden basil guest post scallions mint beneficial insects Garden Planning 101 soil spinach cucurbits beets red romaine garden photography Minnesota Locavore #garden365 photo challenge #garden365 kohlrabi Garden Photography 101 horseradish garden harvest totals asparagus Good Garden Reads sunflowers corn Year in Review vertical gardening pickling onion gardening with kids variegated tomato winter sowing squirrels organic gardening Three Sisters cabbage seed starting containers seedling care flowers potting up brassicas seed starting mix coir garden clean up zucchini fall garden jelly watermelon Holiday Gift Guide resources Opalka apples indoor gardening garden house projects garden pests giveaways Black Hungarian carrots gourds mexican sour gherkin seedlings photography Seed Starting Q + A blogging vacation pumpkins parsnips rue ground cherries zinnia lemon parsnip olive grapes tomato ground cherry rainbow chard Measuring Up herb overwintering Grow It Forwards botanical gardens shallots patty pan squash horseradish root dividing rhubarb brussels sprouts wrens San Francisco reader question compost jam cantaloupe wildlife-friendly garden bees Bees in the Garden aster reader questions alpine strawberries artichoke Linda Ly The CSA Cookbook Garden Betty book review garden quote cayenne plant markers slugs organic pest control pruning jalapeno tomatillos rosemary seasonal preparing for winter harvest starter pots sage garden organizataion garden inspiration San Marzano quinoa mulch litchi tomatoes watering amaranth tomato blight paste tomatoes Federle Red Romaine Lettuce social media garden beds snow birthday garden musings Big Mama Amish Paste Anna Russian Tomato litchi tomato peas mesclun pests organic mojito container gardening disease seed starting timeline soil blocker soil blocks peat Building Better Soil Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds oregano trellising rapsberries peanuts pepper Extending the Season seed packet John Denver love yellow pear printable