With the new year just a few days away, it seems very fitting to begin these weekly roundups of garden inspiration with a collection of organization ideas. Whether you’re making an official resolution to get more organized in the garden or simply looking for some ideas to maximize your gardening efforts, a little garden organization is a perfect way to kick off a new garden season. From organizing your seed stash, to keeping your work areas organized and functional, there are tons of great ideas, and now is a great time to look for some inspiration and discover what might work well for you.
I’ve pulled together a few ideas to get you started (you can find all of these and more on the Garden Organization Pinterest Board), but I’d also love to hear from you in the comments: How are you inspired by garden organization?
So what are you waiting for? Get a head start on your garden organization with a little inspiration from these ideas:
- Looking for a better way to keep your garden records organized? Get inspired to keep a garden journal! From blank journals for sketches and musings, to a ready to go garden management system, the possibilities are endless. I am completely inspired by the artistic flair of this beautiful garden journal.
- Getting ready to place your seed orders for 2014? Find some inspiration to organize your leftover seed first: inventory your seed stash and label and sort your seed packets. Over on the Facebook page, one reader shared that she will be cleaning up her seed stash by organizing a seed swap!
- Want to create an organized work space for your garden? Get inspired with this collection of potting bench ideas. For the outdoor spaces, check out how Northwest Edible Life and Our Little Acre have repurposed pallets and created organized and functional storage and work space.
- How do you keep all of your garden essentials together out in the garden? One reader shared her secret weapon: a 5 gallon bucket garden caddy. Most garden supply companies carry a version of this organizer, but DIY’ers might find some inspiration in this sewing pattern.
- Getting geared up to save seed from your garden this year? Get inspired by this creative re-use for seed storage.
Other posts in this series:
- These pages are dedicated to all things home gardening. From planning a garden to preserving the harvest, you'll find practical and creative ideas to satisfy your sense of garden adventure!
- tomatoes recipes peppers seasons 12 Weeks of Garden Inspiration preservation garden planning yard projects seed starting garden projects garden plans onions seeds herbs radishes raspberries community garden seed Salsa Week beans heirloom varieties tomatillo winter Garden Planning 101 seed saving canning fall garlic mint vertical gardening spring asparagus dry beans soil basil lettuce beneficial insects broccoli spinach pollinators house projects indoor gardening flowers garden gardening with kids variegated tomato scallions planting garden harvest totals watermelon giveaways pumpkin Good Garden Reads jelly apples cucumber fall garden Red Romaine Lettuce garden beds social media snow Holiday Gift Guide squash trellising Three Sisters winter sowing seed packet Extending the Season rapsberries squirrels zucchini strawberries mesclun kohlrabi peanuts pepper printable guest post pests organic disease seed starting timeline starter pots seed starting containers organic gardening mojito love yellow pear John Denver oregano container gardening Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds peas rhubarb Amish Paste garden clean up Big Mama Federle paste tomatoes Opalka frost Anna Russian Tomato birthday resources garden musings litchi tomato horseradish sunflowers San Marzano corn Year in Review amaranth watering garden pests salsa litchi tomatoes tomato blight mulch pickling onion Black Hungarian garden inspiration quinoa garden organizataion